XHTML vs HTML
What is XHTML?
XHTML stands for extensible hypertext markup language which is a connection between HTML (hypertext mark-up language) and XML (extensible markup language) also at most of the places XHTML is considered superior than HTML.
XHTML is easy to use with other data formats, and it creates more neat code as it is stricter than HTML. Therefore, it is more compatible with most browsers, and it maintains a standard of code that can be used for various devices.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">
<title> Strict DTD XHTML Example </title>
Please Choose a Day:
Advantages of XHTML
Here are the following advantages of XHTML, such as:
- While using XHTML, the code of web applications becomes more stylish and easy to reuse.
- It can help the developer create more advanced web projects due to the compatibility with various devices, and it also supports self-created markups like SVG (scalable vector graphics).
- XHTML code can easily be converted to PDFs, RSS, and RFT, which allows the developer to work with a vast range of files.
- XHTML reduce the loading time required by the browser to load an event which can result in overall speedy development, thus reducing time and energy
- It contains closing tags which is an advantage for beginners, and this also makes the code look clean and easy to reuse.
Disadvantages of XHTML
XHTML also has some disadvantages, such as:
- Very few browsers use XHTML.
- Case sensitive as every part of code should be in lowercase.
- It is mandatory to write
- And all the tags must be closed in the necessary order.
What is HTML?
Hypertext Mark-up Language (HTML) is a programming language that shows information and depicts a site page's design. Hypertext works with perusing the web by referring to an HTML page's hyperlinks. The hyperlink empowers one to go to any put on the web by clicking it. There is no set request to do as such.
Mark-up language calls attention to how labels characterize the page design and the components inside the page. It comprises different HTML components containing labels and their substance. HTML language empowers the formation of connections of reports, is static, and can overlook little mistakes. In HTML, shutting labels are excessive. It tends to be characterized as a markup language that makes the content unique and intelligent.
HTML is a programming language used to make sites that anybody with web access can see. The labels are the words between the
< angle brackets
> and separate standard content from HTML code. These are shown on website pages as pictures, tables, outlines, etc.
The labels are not shown on the pages however influence the presence of information on site pages. Various sorts of tags perform various capacities.
<! DOCTYPE html >
<title> Title </title>
<h1> Hello World </h1>
<p> welcome this is your first HTML program </p>
Advantages of HTML
Some advantages of HTML are given below:
- HTML helps assemble a site's design and different benefits, like Easy to learn and utilize.
- Upheld by all programs.
- It being explicit content, it is easy to alter.
- Simple to coordinate with different dialects.
- HTML is the premise of all programming dialects.
- The content being compressible, it is quick to download.
Disadvantages of HTML
HTML also has some disadvantages, such as:
- HTML can make only plain and static pages.
- A great deal of code is needed to be composed to make a basic website page.
- HTML security highlights aren't awesome.
- Complex to compose long code for making website pages.
- Sets aside a great deal of effort to make a website page.
- All website pages should be altered independently, not concentrated.
Differences between HTML and XHTML
|Hypertext mark-up language - - > HTML||Extensible Hypertext Mark-up Language - - > XHTML.|
|Tim Berners created in 1991||World wide web consortium or W3C created in 2000|
|It is an extension of standard generalized markup language or SGML||It is a combination of extensible markup language XML and hypertext markup language HTML|
|It stored in a document file format||It stored as a markup language format|
|It is not case sensitive as there is no mandatory rule to write the entire mark up in uppercase or lower case. It can also be a combination of both.||It is case-sensitive, and every tag and attribute used inside must be in lowercase.|
|It is not mandatory to add document label ||It is mandatory to add a document label |
|We can close any tag anytime and anywhere as per our needs||It is mandatory to close all the tags in strict residing order as they were declared.|
|We can add attributes without any quotes.||It is mandatory to add quotes on every attribute we declare|
|,html and .htm are the extensions used by HTML||.xhtml, .xml and .xht are the file extensions used by XHTML|
|Lewd structure is used||It contains a very strict structure, and the developer cannot go out of the bounds of these structures.|